‘Dundas Castle’ has seen some spectacular events since the Auld Keep was built in 1416. When a new member of the team joins us, Sir Jack takes them on a history tour of the Auld Keep and Castle. It is from this tour that we each learn about some of the major events in the Castle’s past and also some stories from Sir Jack’s family who have owned the Estate since 1899.
Before Sir Jack took over the Estate upon the death of his mother in 1997, the Castle was divided and let out as apartments. We had the absolute pleasure of being contacted by Nigel Hilton, who stayed here in what is now the Courtyard Cottage bedroom area of the Castle as a young man from 1976-1979.